To remain enjoying a competitive edge, a brand often has to be continuously offering new products to its existing markets or expand to new markets with new products. This is where the New Product Planning Manager comes in. Based on market research information, new market needs can be identified for certain demographs or lifestyles. In addition, new products, whether evolutionary or revolutionary, can be positioned to create market demands from existing or new markets. Going beyond what the product development department can do, the New Product Planning department works to market new products.
New Product Planning Manager Resume Template
Reuben D. Pelican
Belvedere, Atlanta, Georgia
To be a New Product Development or Planning Manager in a large manufacturing company in the telecommunications industry.
Summary of Qualification
- 13 years experience in the mobile telephone manufacturing industry with specialization in cellphones first as a design engineer, then as a new product planning manager.
- Excellent organization, airline operations, people management, marketing, planning and interpersonal skills
Career Experience/Job History
2008 – Present: New Product Planning Manager, Motorola Mobile Division
- Analyze market demographics and psychographics to determine buying preferences per market segment to confirm potential markets for new cellphones
- Present to management recommendations on market positioning of new cellphones.
2002 – 2008: Design Engineer, Motorola Mobile Division
- Provide design blueprint for cellphones for manufacturing purposes.
- Confer with marketing on popular and competitor cellphone features
1997 – Present: Various in-house and 3rd party seminars and workshops on emerging trends in cellphone technologies, AMOLED display technologies, Android OS, Multitouch Technologies.
1994 – 1997: BS in Electrical Engineering, Stanford University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request during interview.
Marketing Executive Resume Template
Marketing Student Resume Template
Functional Marketing Resume Template
Market Research Analyst Resume Template
Field Marketing Representative Resume Template
Business Partner Resume Template
Marketing Brand Manager Resume Template
Marketing Researcher Resume Template
Communication Center Coordinator Resume Template
Corporate Secretary Resume Template
Executive Assistant Resume Template
Field Recorder Resume Template