Any manufacturing company or factory with machines requires people to operate, control and maintain those fabricating machines. That’s what machinists are for. Working from blueprints or supervised by engineers, they set up and operate precision metal grinding, cutting and fabricating machines such as lathes, milling machines, drillers, shapers, boring mills and grinders to create, shape and repair parts and products made from metals, plastics, rubber textiles, fiberglass, titanium and other space age alloys.
Machinist Resume Template
Burt B. Hayworth
Fifth Ave., Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Looking for a position as a lead Machinist in a manufacturing equipment provider
Summary of Qualification
- 9 years of experience as a machinist in an automotive shop for fabricating aluminum and steel replacement parts for SUVs and trucks.
- Excellent social and interpersonal skills.
Career Experience/Job History
2001 – Present: Machinist, General Automotive Beacons
- Study blueprint specifications, charts, drawings or sample parts to determine the machining operation required to replace or duplicate parts
- Determine metal dimensions by deductive computation or by measuring samples using instruments such as micrometers and vernier calipers and document measurements with appropriate technical drawings with PC drawing CAD/CAM tools.
- Operate computer controlled machining operations
- Learn CAD/CAM tools
- Fit parts to mechanisms and make final adjustments for good-as-new operations.
2001 – Present: Various In-house trainings and 3rd party seminars on manufacturing processes, Six Sigma discipline and environmental initiatives.
1998 – 2001: Associate in Automotive Technology, Smith & Solomon Training Solutions, Norristown
Professional reference will be furnished upon request
Electronic Assembler Resume Template
Safety Manager Resume Template
Plant Manager Resume Template
Material Handler Resume Template
Facilities Manager Resume Template
Fabrication Engineer Resume Template
CNC Machinist Resume Template
Auto CAD Drafter Resume Template
Manufacturing Supervisor Resume Template
Production Clerk Resume Template
Pipe Layer Helper Resume Template
OEM Product Manager Resume