The Controller heads a company’s accounting department and reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) or the President. He has direct managerial control over all financial accounting functions like revenue and cost accounting, fixed asset accounting, receivables and payables accounting, affiliate or interbranch accounting, tax accounting and general ledger accounting, to mention the major ones. It is his name that appears as approving authority in the release of financial statements. He is responsible in authorizing the release of payments for corporate tax liabilities, major purchases and accounting write-offs.
Controller Resume Template
John R. Fremont
Fountain Valley, LA, California
Phone: (818) 432-3309
To head a company’s accounting department as a VP-Accounting or Controller
Summary of Qualifications
- More than 5 years experience as accounting head in a large fashion retail company after rising through the ranks in the department sin 1999
- Exceptional administrative, managerial, organizational, and leadership competence
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
Career Experience/Job History
2003 – Present: Controller, Bellagio & Sons Apparel, Plc, L,.A.
- Authorize corporate purchases of depreciable and expense items below $10 million and secure approval of President when in excess.
- Provide direction in the implementation of corporate accounting policies and practices across the various accounting offices
- Preside over monthly accounting staff planning and coordination meetings within the accounting department.
- Review and approve periodic financial statements as official corporate documents.
- Collaborate with affiliate branch accounting units to ensure prompt submission of actuals versus budget performance reports.
- Collaborate with Corporate Planning in the production of annual reports.
- Hire and fire accounting department heads as warranted by HR investigative board.
1999 – 2002: MBA, Boston University
1995 – 1999: BS Accounting, Oxford University
Professional reference to be furnished upon request
Chartered Accountant Resume Template
Certified Public Accountant Resume Template
Quantity Surveyor Resume Template
Treasury Analyst Resume Template
Tax Manager Resume Template
Quantitative Analyst Resume Template
Audit Manager Resume Template
Actuarial Analyst Resume Template
Tax Preparer Resume Template
Sales Auditor Resume Template
Public Auditor Resume Template
Payroll Clerk Resume Template